This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Copy/Paste clips from one project into another

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
clintonthegeek
Registered Member
Hello!

I've been using Kdenlive heavily in the past few weeks, and have run into some workflow limitations.

The biggest one for me is consolidating clips that I have across multiple revisions of a project into a single timeline. I'm not sure how to take parts of the timeline from one project file and import them into another.

The closest solution I've found is to export an .mlt file from the source project and import that into the destination. Yet that produces a single block, not a string of clips. Is there any way to break open an .mlt file on the timeline into its constituent clips?

As it stands, what I need to do is edit each block of my project in the project file it's best represented, export an .mlt file for the parts of the whole, and then put those .mlt files onto one master final timeline which can no longer be edited. Quite annoying.

Is there a better solution?
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
The "library" function is here exactly for that. Yes, maybe a bit un-intuitive & hidden.
Look for tutorials on how to use it on our web site ;)