This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Effects/Transitions panel not moveable anymore

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mhirczy
Registered Member
Hi!

First of all, thx to the devs for this great software - you're doing a great job!

For some days I encounter a weird problem, and I really don't know, how to fix it:
While trying out different layouts of the workspace, I created a combined Effects/Trasitions window with both tabs on the bottom.
Everything worked fine and I was able to move each of these panels around inside Kdenlive's workspace.

Since I'm on Linux Mint 18 I was looking for a way to get a dark theme and found this link:
viewtopic.php?f=265&t=130860
After installing breeze I was at least finally able to get a dark theme :)

Sadly, now when I try to move one of the combined Effects/Transition panels or one of the combined Project/Clip Monitor panels it doesn't work.
When trying to drag the tab to another place, the whole Kdenlive windows shrinks and moves :-/

It looks like it is somehow connected to breeze, but even a "sudo apt-get remove breeze" and autoremove didn't fix it :-/
Any idea, how to fix this?

thx and greetings
michi
crodgers
Registered Member
Find and delete the "kdenliverc" file (spelled exactly like that, with no file extension).

Edited to add: That will restore kdenlive to the default layout.
mhirczy
Registered Member
Thx, but that didn't solve my problem.
I want to change the layout to my needs but the Effects, Transitions, Clip Monitor and Project Monitor panels all don't have a title bar - so I can't drag them anywhere :-/

They had, before I installed the Breeze theme to get a dark layout.

Any Ideas, where to start? Maybe it's something about the WindowManager?
I'm on Ubuntu Mint 18.1 Mate.
When switching to Cinnamon, the problem stays the same.

thx and greetings
michi
mhirczy
Registered Member
To answer my question myself :) - I uninstalled and re-installed Kdenlive - no go, still the same problem.

Then I accidentially found out, that I could reactivate the titlebars, when only one of the panels is showing (but not always) - and so I was able to drag the panels where I wanted them.
After dragging my panels around, the same problem appears - now I have the Properties Window on the far right, below it (but above the timeline) ist the transition/effects stack.
Only the Properties panel shows the title bar, I'm not able to move the stack or a single panel of it. When I move the Properties panel elsewhere and only view one of transitions/effects, I get the title bar on this panel back and can move it.

Maybe someone could add this to the current buglist?
Looks like the titlebar is only available on panels at the top, an not on stacks.

greetings
michi