This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

how to avoid audio glitches

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kalimerox
Registered Member

how to avoid audio glitches

Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:38 pm
hi there,

I guess this is a known bug that audio renders with clicks and glitches.. but maybe someone has a trick on how to avoid an export with the klicks? i tried a lot of things and no clue yet.. thing is i edited a big project and all is fine, but when i render it out its all glitchy and it will be a week of work to substitute the audio in some other programm or so,,, thanks!
kalimerox
Registered Member

Re: how to avoid audio glitches

Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:43 pm
I m still trying out things: one solution might be installing mlt-git with the fixed audio rendering. problem then is when i open kdenlive it freezes and i get this in the terminal:

kdenlive
klauncher not running... launching kdeinit
Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 8 (BadMatch), sequence: 635, resource id: 39845911, major code: 155 (Unknown), minor code: 11
kf5.kio.core: Refilling KProtocolInfoFactory cache in the hope to find "mtp"
The desktop entry file "/usr/share/applications/mullvad.desktop" has Type= " Application" instead of "Application" or "Service"
kf5.kservice.sycoca: Invalid Service : "/usr/share/applications/mullvad.desktop"
KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType "ThumbCreator" not found
kf5.kio.core: We got some errors while running testparm "Load smb config files from /etc/samba/smb.conf\nError loading services.\n"
kf5.kio.core: KSambaShare: Could not find smb.conf!
kf5.kio.core: We got some errors while running 'net usershare info'
kf5.kio.core: "Can't load /etc/samba/smb.conf - run testparm to debug it\n"
[swscaler @ 0x7f48986defe0] Warning: data is not aligned! This can lead to a speedloss

any hint what i could try? any help is very much appeciated!!!
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:50 am
Hello,

Which distro are you running? PPA/AUR not available?
AppImages should come back in the next days, as a result of Randa sprint effort...

However, if your project is using the wrong audio mix operator, I'm not sure it will be automatically replaced.
Did you try opening (a copy of) your project in a text editor and using search/replace?
Or using a script (sed / perl / )...
kalimerox
Registered Member

Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:14 pm
I m running AUR,

and somehow the mlt-git does not work, means kdenlive wont start

thats good news vpion to have appimage back! for me it was usually the most stable solution..

what i did now was a bit crazy, but worked so far:
I replaced all the changing all "combine" entrys to "Sum" this didnt help, I dont know why,

but then I removed all the video till the audio played in realtime with no clicks and re-recorded everything with jack_capure through jack

so at least i have a de clicked version of the audio of the edit :)
it still clicks after rendering, but i m guessing now this is due to the old mlt version...
kalimerox
Registered Member

Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:50 am
a little update from today: i dont think the audio glitches problem is solved. even when i rename all the "combine" to "sum" of my .kdenlive file and reload the session with mlt 6.5.0 in kdenlive 17.04.3 the problem persists..
KDENVIDIA
Registered Member
OS

Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:05 am
Have you guys tried compiling Kdenlive using the kdenlive-git option in the AUR and not just installing kdenlive from the pacman repos??? I did and am not having audio glitches.

If you compile any of the -GIT options in the AUR you have to compile all three options using the AUR: mlt-git, kdenlive-git, and movit-git. Once you do those it should work. Also if you compile using mlt-git, here is the pkg build i used: https://hastebin.com/kajevogide.bash

And as the the audio output in kdenlive I use PulseAudio, as it works best for me.