This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Is it possible to serialize proxy clip rendering?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Decoherent
Registered Member
I'm using the 17.04.3 Windows build of Kdenlive, and it works great, just to get that out there! What I'm trying to do is make my proxy clip generation more efficient. After playing with ffmpeg for a while, I've got a very simple nvenc profile set up ("-ab 128k -acodec libvorbis -c:v h264_nvenc -preset fast", if you're wondering) that's extremely quick on my machine, ~7.5-8x speed. The problem that I run into is that the encoder falls over when I'm trying to queue up multiple proxy clips. They're boring to watch, so I've just been trying to toss all of my videos in the bin and render at once, so I can go make a sandwich or something. Two clips can render at once, but there's a known limitation of the nvenc driver that limits encodes to 2 at once, or else you get:
Code: Select all
[h264_nvenc @ 0000000002310a20] OpenEncodeSessionEx failed: out of memory (10)
[h264_nvenc @ 0000000002310a20] No NVENC capable devices found

So, is it possible to set up Kdenlive so that it batches the proxy clip generation in a serial fashion, rather than try to generate all of them at once?