This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[Windows] download link point to 17.04 release

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bartoloni
OS
Decoherent
Registered Member
IIRC, the dev pulled the Windows 17.08.1 build because it's *hugely* unstable, until he's had a chance to get it to run properly.

edit- Minutes later, I see today's news post that's got a link to what I assume is a new build!
bartoloni
OS
the 17.08.0 was "*hugely* unstable" .. the 17.08.1 released 10 days ago' is working very well.
Decoherent
Registered Member
Ah, you're completely correct, I should have checked first! And yeah, this seems to be working well! Still doesn't completely exit on my machine, but that's trivial.
bartoloni
OS
Yep... again the main executable and 2 other binaries are still running when exiting application :(
Decoherent
Registered Member
Since we're talking about the Windows beta...are you having trouble seeking & playing in 17.08.1? I mean, clicking around the timeline while it's playing in the project monitor, or hitting space to resume. With this beta, picking a frame and hitting space doesn't work, I have to rock it forward a frame or two to give it a push before it starts playing. I was finding it really frustrating yesterday, so now I've got to decide between crashes or editing irritation...