This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Rendered files freeze after 5 seconds?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dlawrence
Registered Member
So every file or video i render, freezes at the same time marks. i know the first one is at exactly the 5 second mark. I cant seem to get it to render the video without constantly stopping for 2 or more minutes before playing a brief moment then stopping again. This happens to each video I've done so far. (audio still plays as well.
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Hello,

Please tell us more:
are you always trying with the same source project? Isn't there a special item at that timecode (source clip with a special format, particular effect, or transition)?
do you have GPU processing enabled? MLT threads>1?
do you always use the same render format (MP4/WebM/...)?
do you see a log file next to your output file?
which Kdenlive & MLT versions do you use? which OS?

Regards,
Vincent
dlawrence
Registered Member
Hey, I have tried multiple source videos, there's no transitions or effects, its just a video and often a second audio clip. Always MP4 source files. GPU processing is grayed out, and i have standard number of MLT threads. I am trying a different file format as we speak, will update when it renders. I couldn't find an MLT version but here's what i got out of the info section.

KDE Frameworks 5.18.0
Qt 5.5.1 (built against 5.5.1)
The xcb windowing system
Version 15.12.3

There is a log but i do not beleive it is complete yet as I am rendering a file right now. Will paste into another post when it completes. If it works i will let you know as well. I am using linux mint 18.1

System specs are as follows
1.6 gz quad core intel celeron proccesor
8gb ram
built in graphics, intel corp. device 22b1
will update shortly.

Note: normally i would blame the garbage proccesor, but given the fact that it can take as long as it wants to render, it shouldn't be an issue, as it can still sit there rendering the frames until they're ready.

however i am still open to that being the cause.

edit: just read over the log file, and it already looks like it's about right. the video which is only a few minutes does say it will take over an hour though, which although is a long time, given how bad this laptop is i dont blame it.

edit 2: after an hour and 3 minutes, rendering is complete. i open up the new video, and suprise! it successfully failed at rendering correctly. i tried a different format, before was using aac this time just plain mp4, im gonna try again with a webm file if i can get it to show as an option finally.
crodgers
Registered Member
What happens if you right-click the rendered video and open it with a different media player?

Are you using OpenGL or Xrender for compositing?