This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Render to File, but no file

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dew7rtx
Registered Member

Render to File, but no file

Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:29 pm
New to kdenlive. Downloaded version 17.08.1 for Windows. Running Windows 10. Using MLT version 6.5.0 w/FFmpeg libs. Just learning the software. Created a simple project with only one video ~ 4 seconds. When I try to render to file it says it has completed, finished in 00:00:00 but no file is created. I’ve tried other projects with about 10 clips and get same result.
jpasturel
Registered Member

Re: Render to File, but no file

Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:41 am
Verify if melt.exe is in the share folder, if not copy it from the root directory of kdenlive.
dew7rtx
Registered Member

Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:35 pm
Thanks for your help....yes, MELT is in the share folder.

I've been looking through the configuration settings and reading posts from other users having render issues but I have not found a solution. Is there an error file or some file that might have clues as to what's happening?

For now I still have the same issue, render to file shows completion with 00:00:00 time and does not produce a file.
jpasturel
Registered Member

Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:46 am
Yes it looks very strange. I think you have to raise a bug with attached docs :
- join the content of users/yourname/application data/local/kdenliverc
- launch kdenlive from a Window cmd panel ( if errors appears on stdout take screenshots)
- take screen shot of the kdenlive root and share folder in files explorer
- take a screen shot of kdenlive configuration / environments
- try the rendering with a different clip and/or another format (webm for example)
axelo
Registered Member

Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:30 pm
I am having the same issue, and I have tried many different formats but none of them results in a file.
jpasturel
Registered Member

Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:14 pm
Sorry, i got same problem as you with 17.08.1 version on Windows.
I have made some tries, and finally on my desktop W10, it runs and render correctly ( Mp4 and webm output videos).
The link below shows what i do, hope that help you.

https://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=108162
axelo
Registered Member

Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:21 am
That solved it, amazing help.
drashutosh
Registered Member

Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:00 am
With regards to this topic I will like to share my experience. I am using Version 20.04.1 I got this error. I tried all the solutions listed on this string however, could not resolve the issue of rendering no file. Then I realized one thing - my source files were MPEG-2 and after editing the file I was trying to render it to MP-4 and it was generating no file and use to give error completed rendering in 00.00.00 time. Then I decided to render it to MPEG-2 to MPEG-2 yet it continued giving same error. Then I realized that I am trying to access the advance setting in rendering window and enabling export meta data option as I have added author information, date, copyright etc. And then I un-ticked that option and chose to render a MPEG-2 file which worked and the rendering started.

Hence feel for version 20.04.1 this is a bug that the rendering do not start if your source and target file options differ. Additionally for MPEG-2 if you chose to export metadata, it does not work.