This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

New Install SEVERE Problems

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
robertnickel
Registered Member

New Install SEVERE Problems

Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:00 pm
I just installed KdenLive on Fedora 26. I cant save my projects with save or save as. I cant browse any folders to start a new project. The program constantly freezes up and I have to quit from System Monitor. Its like KdenLive fails to read my file system or something weird like that. This is actually a great program and I have editing deadlines. Please address this major issue.
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS

Re: New Install SEVERE Problems  Topic is solved

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:32 pm
Hello,

Quick workaround: can you try with our latest AppImage?
This might come from an old Qt bug (if I remember well the file dialogs didn't show up on some platforms, while it still had the focus, freezing the program), and our AppImage contains a recent Qt.

Else, difficult to solve without more information:
level 0) Kdenlive/Qt/MLT/FFmpeg versions;
level 1) launch kdenlive from a terminal and see in text output if anything can give you/us some starting points...
level 2) upon freeze you can try to run "gdb" then "attach [PID of frozen kdenlive]" then "backtrace" and send the output...

Cheers,

Vincent
robertnickel
Registered Member

Re: New Install SEVERE Problems

Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:43 pm
Thanks so much! I'm no Linux expert but I got the AppImage to work and everything seems to be in order so far. I was about to reinstall my OS, saved me some work. Do I need to run it from the Terminal each time or can I just click on it?