This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

New Windows binaries (17.08.2-2)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS

New Windows binaries (17.08.2-2)

Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:24 pm
Hello,

I've just uploaded a new archive.
It contains upgrades to the latest Qt (5.9.2), KDE Frameworks (5.39) => this seems to solve the color problem, making some directory inputs unreadable?
And I've also applied a tiny patch to fix the wrong melt.exe default path (due to a change since Qt 5.9 upgrade), and another to reduce chances to have a zombie process after closing...
There are many more things to do, but those seemed the most annoying to me.

Happy editing!

Vincent

Edit: re-uploaded 1h later to include forgotten translations...
bartoloni
OS
vpinon wrote:I've just uploaded a new archive.
Happy editing!
Vincent

very thank you!

NOW.. i've deleted the old Kdenlive %appdata% folder (not necessary.. but just to simulate a fresh installation) and 2 other configuration files:

Code: Select all
c:/users/USERNAME/appdata/roaming/kdenlive
c:/users/USERNAME/appdata/local/kdenliverc
c:/users/USERNAME/appdata/local/klanguageoverridesrc

after that i just extracted the latest kdenlive archive to the desktop...
i downloaded latest (working) FFmpeg binaries: http://www.wcn.it/ffmpeg-20171016.zip
extracted the 11 files of the archive and copied on the Kdenlive folder on desktop... (some files will be overwritten)

launched Kdenlive.exe main executable... and.. everything is working fine :)

Last edited by bartoloni on Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
crodgers
Registered Member

Re: New Windows binaries (17.08.2-2)

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:09 pm
I'm finding that playback is very unreliable with a few effects on even just one video (denoiser, defish and sharpen). I only have one clip on the timeline. If I add the FPS overlay to the monitor - playback won't start at all. If you restart Kdenlive, it begins to play, but if the FPS overlay is present, playback may only work once or twice, then it stops.

All was fine in 17.04.3.
bartoloni
OS
crodgers wrote: playback won't start at all. If you restart Kdenlive, it begins to play, but if the FPS overlay is present, playback may only work once or twice, then it stops.
All was fine in 17.04.3.

this is a know issue of the 17.08 release (there is an open BUG segnalation) https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=386229
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Oh and I just see that MLT is reverting the commit that I pulled just before building the 17.8.2-2. Maybe this is the cause of your color corruption. Maybe you could try copying the libmlt* from an older build to check the regression really comes from MLT (almost certain, as Kdenlive code sees very few evolution in the stable branch)...
bartoloni
OS
vpinon wrote:Oh and I just see that MLT is reverting the commit that I pulled just before building the 17.8.2-2. Maybe this is the cause of your color corruption. Maybe you could try copying the libmlt* from an older build to check the regression really comes from MLT (almost certain, as Kdenlive code sees very few evolution in the stable branch)...

can this be related to VGA card changed? i just replaced the VGA from last month tests.. (yep.. i don't think this can be the issue.. not now)
BTW.. from Radeon HD6770 to Nvidia GT9500.