This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Give a title clip a transparent background in Kdenlive?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Cerin
Registered Member
How do you give a title clip a transparent background in Kdenlive?

When I open a title clip, I see a small "Background" tab in the lower right hand side of the screen, and it has a numeric field with an overlay that says "background opacity", but this seems to have no effect nor any range limit. I'm able to set it to 0 or 10000000, and it shows the background the same way.

Even stranger is the default background color doesn't seem to be consistently rendered at all. I created three identical title clips, and overlayed them on different tracks, and I was surprised to see some completely hide the text on "lower" tracks, where others appear to have a transparent background.

I'm trying to animate different text moving in different parts of the screen, and this is making it incredibly frustrating and nearly impossible to use Kdenlive. I'm using 15.12.3. Is this a bug, unimplemented feature, or am I using Kdenlive incorrectly?
crodgers
Registered Member
If the background of the title clip is made of a grey and white checkerboard (default), that means it's transparent.
bartoloni
OS
Cerin wrote:How do you give a title clip a transparent background in Kdenlive?
I'm trying to animate different text moving in different parts of the screen, and this is making it incredibly frustrating and nearly impossible to use Kdenlive. I'm using 15.12.3. Is this a bug, unimplemented feature, or am I using Kdenlive incorrectly?

usually i have just to set the Track... from AUTO to VIDEO1 .. btw i've issues with multiple COMPOSITE (i don't use the composite and transform) effects sometimes are creating a strange matrioska effect (composite in a composite)
https://bugsfiles.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=107792
and
http://www.wcn.it/composite.kdenlive.jpg