This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Import a project like a clip

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
marcocasalegno
Registered Member

Import a project like a clip

Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:27 pm
Hi everybody.
I' ve a little question: I've made a project containing different track, and this track must be in overlay of main video.
Because I would use this project at the end of any video, I tried to import this project into my video as a clip.
The problem is that this project have a black background, instead of a trasparent background.
There is a way to export or set a trasparent background?

Like this sample video
https://youtu.be/O6q4hOKcwfg
crodgers
Registered Member

Re: Import a project like a clip

Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:36 am
I don't know of any video format that supports transparency (it may exist but I don't know). This means that once a video has been rendered, all transparent areas will be black.

One thing you can do, is export the non-rendered project video that contains transparency as a library; then import that library into your project. I haven't personally tested it, but you should be able to do it that way.

This may help:

https://kdenlive.org/project/the-librar ... -projects/
marcocasalegno
Registered Member

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:01 am
Hi Crodgers.

I have already asked in Italian Sub Forum and the Moderator answer me that there is a bug becouse when I import a clip by a Library, all track become black like a sample video.

But.... I have solved.

I have Add a new track into a project of Logo above all and add into a this track a color clip (green)
Then, into a default project, I have imported the Logo Project like a clip and add it a Croma Key Effect.
the result is what that I aspect.
Ashark
Registered Member

Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:55 am
Your solution is not actually a solution, but workaround.
Tux Designer has made a video explaining how to transfer selected clips between projects.
You can use library for that or just import another kdenlive project. In last case you need to expand it and remove black background, as shown in video.