This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Export to Premiere or Final Cut?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
gabrielgambetta
Registered Member

Export to Premiere or Final Cut?

Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:09 pm
I'm working together with someone who uses Premiere. I want to give him a rough cut of my short film, which he will then tweak a bit more.

I'm trying to figure out what's the best workflow to do this. Is there any plugin/tool/whatever to import my Kdenlive project to Premiere? Or even to Final Cut, which Premiere can import? If not, is that in the roadmap?

Worst case scenario I'll write my own Kdenlive/MLT to FCPXML converter, but I rather not if there's an easier solution.

Thanks,

--Gabriel
bartoloni
OS
i think that for now there is not a solution.. but if you can write a "translator/exporter" can be a nice thing!

have you seen this: https://dot.kde.org/2017/11/19/announci ... n-kde-2018 ?

(from the link: You can connect with us at #kde-soc on IRC, via our mailing lists, or contact the maintainer of an application you want to work on (or the specific team) directly. )
Merlimau
Registered Member
This are the file format you can import into Premiere CS6.

"here should be my srceenshot. How to upload this?"

I see Final Cut Pro XML. Yes, such an converter would be very cool.
Stetsbequem
Registered Member
OS
gabrielgambetta wrote:I'm working together with someone who uses Premiere. I want to give him a rough cut of my short film, which he will then tweak a bit more.

Maybe there is a stupid question, but I don't understand why he has to import the whole project. I thought exchange formats like DNXHD were developed for this?

The Social Credit System is a credit rating and blacklist being developed by the the ruling Chinese Communist Party. The goal is total control of the population by awarding points for desirable behavior, or withdrawing them for negative behavior.
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Export to Premiere or Final Cut?

Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:16 pm
Kdenlive is based on MLT just like Shotcut, and Shotcut has an export script to EDL (rough playlist with cuts, no effects & transitions as these are not portable).
I don't know if Shotcut would understand our tweaked project file format...
And to my understanding, there are multiple incompatible EDL, not sure Shotcut targets Première or FinalCut or ?
Integrating this javascript snippet into Kdenlive, and making it compatible with most editors, would be an awesome side project for anyone interested to help :)