This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

project path snames on two computers

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dronik
Registered Member
I use syncthing to sync files between computers. Each computer has a different username, but the file structure is the same.

Unfortunately, when i create a kdenlive project, it references the full-path including username (/home/username01/SYNC/). How can i get the project (xml) to only reference relative paths (~/SYNC/)?

p.s. the "search recursive" mostly works, but some files come up as invalid even though they had a checkmark. However, this is a bad solution and relative paths should work.
kenj69
Registered Member
OS
Hello dronik. No reply for nine days, eh? :( I may not have the answer but you will still have an attempt!

I am running Kdenlive on Linux Mint with two physical drives. Since my primary drive is an SSD I store most of my files on the secondary HDD which Linux addresses as /dev/sdb1. Running older versions of Kdenlive, when I re-opened a saved project Kdenlive always said it can't find the files and I have to search recursive, then click OK and then it is happy. Strange. Using latest version AppImage on Linux this no longer happens.

So, what version of Kdenlive are you running - for openers?

Relative paths? Perhaps you could put in a feature request. Meanwhile, perhaps a shell script could prep the file references back and forth.

-=Ken=-

KDE Neon 5.15, ASRock MB with Ryzen 3 1200 and 16 GB RAM, GEForce GT-710