This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cannot resize on timeline (Kdenlive for Windows)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mondialdavid
Registered Member
Dear friends,

I managed to install Kdenlive version 17.12.0 on my Windows 8.1 computer. I also managed to get it render the H.264 format.

Unfortunately, I cannot resize clips on the timeline by dragging with the selection tool. When I move the selection tool to the end of a clip, it remains a hand. To be exact, the hand becomes a pointing finger. But I cannot resize the clip by dragging. When trying it, I can only create a fade out.

Besides, I noticed that the timelines are very narrow, even when I make them as big as possible.

Here is a screenshot. Unfortunately, the mouse symbol is not visible, but it is a pointing finger.

https://picload.org/view/ddadrgdi/unbenannt-1.jpg.html
mondialdavid
Registered Member
Thanks for anyone who read this topic. I could solve the problem. I adjusted the track height under Settings - Timeline to 25 px. Now everything is fine.
kenj69
Registered Member
OS
I would point out that in the track headers, on the left side of the Timeline window, there is, on top, two icons - one for Smaller Tracks and one for Larger Tracks. I find this handy for temporarily re-sizing the tracks, making the images easier to see and the controls easier to use.

-=Ken=-

KDE Neon 5.15, ASRock MB with Ryzen 3 1200 and 16 GB RAM, GEForce GT-710