This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Windows - I can't render in .mp4 - Urgent ;A; -

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ReonPG
Registered Member
OS
I tried first Kdenlive but the slideshow clip feature doesn't recognize .jpg files, and adding 500 images normally was really fast but dragging them to the timeline created a problem, because half of them don't make it all the way. Somewhere in the middle between the first images and the last images of my selection they just aren't being dragged to the timeline anymore. So I gave up and went ahead to the other options which all didn't satisfy me or just failed to help me get a simple job done:
I tried Openshot but it takes forever to put 500 images in it. (Kdenlive was pretty damn fast)
I tried ffDiaporama but it always has a dumb random bug out of nowhere that can destroy the work altogether.
I tried Lightworks but I can't get around their UI. (Kdenlive UI made sense to me and it was easy to interact with)
So this time I put all 500 images in Kdenlive's timeline little by little and it works just fine, but now I'm facing another problem:
.webm = render crashes
.mp4 = Unsupported video codec: libx264
.mpg = video comes out completely broken
I can't render my video... I wanted .mp4 to put it on Youtube to show a friend or two and I need it done by tomorrow for a school work.
I can't get any video editor to work with me and Kdenlive has been the nicest of them all so, I really need a solution.
ReonPG
Registered Member
OS
Problem solved, I had to get "ffmpeg-3.4.1-win64-shared.zip" instead of what the download link gives me. (ffmpeg-20180124-1948b76-win64-shared)
And it just works, although the slideshow clip not working is still a issue.
bartoloni
OS
ReonPG wrote:Problem solved, I had to get "ffmpeg-3.4.1-win64-shared.zip" instead of what the download link gives me. (ffmpeg-20180124-1948b76-win64-shared)
And it just works, although the slideshow clip not working is still a issue.

this is a know issue (a lot of topic about it) of ffmpeg daily builds(do not use it!) .. we are waiting for the ffmpeg 3.4.2 ufficial release.
mykam
Registered Member
I can't render in .mp4 for the same reason, but I have found that if I double click on the mp4 (where there's a red x) name the .mp4 format something, anything, it will allow me to render in .webm (don't know if that has anything to do with it or not but it works for me every time). Webm format does crash you just have to keep trying until it works... then I have to go to an online converter once it's rendered and convert it from .webm to .mp4 but I have cranked out several different videos using this method and I'm on Windows 8.

Sometimes I only have to click render once, sometimes I have to do it like 15 times but it renders, just gotta be patient. (Disclaimer: I am doing short burst videos of product for my website and they have to be less than 50mb to upload to my site, but I have rendered 3-5 minute videos. The longer the vid, I have found, the harder it is to get it to render, so if you are going longer than that, I don't know if this method will work.)

P.s. I am no expert at, well... anything, but kden live is super easy and I think I did pretty darn good for someone with zero experience with video editing and a very GENERAL knowledge of how to "work" a computer. lol My first video => https://youtu.be/P6_JyLG_rDQ <= (terrible mind you, but I spliced it all together and got it to render)