This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Vimeo Render Profile

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
xil
Registered Member

Vimeo Render Profile

Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:09 pm
Hello,

Is there a standard Vimeo profile to use?

Or can someone advise me what to specify when rendering to Vimeo to match these requirements?

https://vimeo.com/help/compression

I tried modifying an old youtube profile I found on the web but Vimeo informed me that the bitrate was too low and that I was using an "unknown color profile".

I have read about MELT and rendering in Kdenlive but I still don't feel 100% confident I can create the best settings alone.

Thank you !

Adrienne
Stetsbequem
Registered Member
OS

Re: Vimeo Render Profile

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:41 am
You're funny. Vimeo leaves the choice to the user and only gives general tips. Actually, you should have an idea of the quality of your videos. I would try the profiles for "Ultra-High Definition (4K)". H256 (crf=16, preset=medium) compresses slightly better than VP9, so the image quality is better at the same bitrate.
General, as sound either Vorbis with quality 7 or AAC with at least 224k. Although you can't see the sound, you shouldn't underestimate it, the sound makes up half of the film (even seventy-three percent for Dunkirk ;). Vimeo expects AAC with 320k.
The color profile such as BT.709 is written into the videos and can be read with tools such as Mediainfo. If no profile is explicitly named, the compiler automatically selects a suitable one depending on the size of the video, otherwise it takes over from the project settings.

The Social Credit System is a credit rating and blacklist being developed by the the ruling Chinese Communist Party. The goal is total control of the population by awarding points for desirable behavior, or withdrawing them for negative behavior.
xil
Registered Member

Re: Vimeo Render Profile

Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:54 pm
Hi, thanks for that.

I suppose I am funny. Yes, sound is indeed very important so I edited the h265 profile to include 320k, I guess that should do it.

All the best,

Adrienne