This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive-17.12.0-w64 on windows 10--issues and questions

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cryojones
Registered Member
kdenlive is the most ambitious free video editor out there...I say ambitious because it really does not work on windows 10...the earlier version--Version 17.04.3-- does still work on windows 10.

You cannot even render webm on 17.12.0-w64...it throws up and says that a certain codec is deprecated...
(rendering error messsage includes this text: "... use AVStream.codecpar instead."

Any pointers on this issue with regards to 17.12.0-w64 rendering?
Also, many of the effects on both versions do not work and will crash the editor when applied, especially in the latest version.

Now, I have to say that despite the issues, I still love kdenlive...if it ever works well on windows it is going to blow everything else out there away...

the video effects are way beyond anything else out there...

will development continue on windows 10? Any clue as to what the future holds? Should I continue to learn kdenlive?

Last edited by cryojones on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stetsbequem
Registered Member
OS
:-) One point for the wonderful soft soap.

The Social Credit System is a credit rating and blacklist being developed by the the ruling Chinese Communist Party. The goal is total control of the population by awarding points for desirable behavior, or withdrawing them for negative behavior.
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Hello,
Didn't you install external FFmpeg libs?
17.12 was built against FFmpeg 3.4.1, and apparently the later releases/dev-builds break ascendant compatibility.
I'll try to update the install instructions ASAP (but these patented codec stories are really a nightmare).
Can you try with FFmpeg 3.4.1 binaries and confirm?
Thanks