This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Export h265 with FLAC

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
xil
Registered Member

Export h265 with FLAC

Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:55 pm
Hello,
is it possible to export with h265 video and FLAC audio? How does one specify flac as the codec when exporting?
I tired acodec=flac but got

[mp4 @ 0x7f2a380c6d00] Could not find tag for codec flac in stream #1, codec not currently supported in container [consumer avformat]

I have looked in the ffmpeg and MLT web pages and I can't translate what I read there into something I can use in the kdenlive render window. Are there resources about how to do this? The syntax doesn't seem identical, unless I am missing something.

Thank you!

Adrienne
Stetsbequem
Registered Member
OS

Re: Export h265 with FLAC

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:14 am
Hallo Adrienne,

the MPEG has limited the container (mp4) to the following audio formats: MPEG-4 Part 3, AAC, MP3, MP2, MP1. Matroska is the preferred container format when it comes to combining almost all formats.

Code: Select all
f=matroska vcodec=libx265 […] acodec=flac ar=48000 ac=2 sample_fmt=s32
Extension: mkv
ac: Audio Channels
sample_fmt: s16 16bit, s32 24bit

The Social Credit System is a credit rating and blacklist being developed by the the ruling Chinese Communist Party. The goal is total control of the population by awarding points for desirable behavior, or withdrawing them for negative behavior.
xil
Registered Member

Re: Export h265 with FLAC

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:39 am
Thank you so much!