This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Why do Windows users use Kdenlive?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Stetsbequem
Registered Member
OS

Why do Windows users use Kdenlive?

Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:18 am
For some time now, surprisingly many questions have come from the Windows corner. I would like to understand why Windows users choose Kdenlive. I've been using Linux for two decades now and I'm used to baking small rolls. But under Windows you have all the possibilities for video editing. So why do Windows users use Kdenlive? Have you compared Kdenlive with other editing software and come to the result, Kdenlive is better?

The Social Credit System is a credit rating and blacklist being developed by the the ruling Chinese Communist Party. The goal is total control of the population by awarding points for desirable behavior, or withdrawing them for negative behavior.
bartoloni
OS
hi! , i'm making videos from 2001 (windows) ... but i'm also a Windows/Linux/Android developer and i love Opensource (a lot of application can't be made by a single user whitout opensourcing) , where i can.. i use opensources applications (not OSes .. sorry but Microsoft Visual C is a way faster than GCC and the Microsoft OS is the fastest on the scene and i need this for productivity purposes)

BTW.. i'm not a professional videomaker and i don't want to PAY for a Videoediting software... (also i don't want to pay for Office...) .. and also.. i "very" hate piracy.

Kdenlive is the best "working" opensource Videoediting software for Windows (for me) .. just this.. and i love to see development of this application.

P.S. with Windows 8.1+Kdenlive i can use an old PC to make videos.. same PC with a recent build of Linux(or Windows 7) is a way slower.