This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Weird Problem With Moving Images with "Position and Zoom"

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
alsamman
Registered Member
Hey everyone,

I used to use Ubuntu but recently made the switch over to Linux Mint. I installed the latest version of Kdenlive from the kdenlive website. In my videos, I always add my social media icons at the beginning. However, when I tried to add them, they wouldn't move to the bottom right corner.

As you can see, the icon gets cut out when you move it left or right. I can't drag it to where I want.

When I resize it to my desired size and try to move it to where I want, it only goes this far. The icon and the position cursor just drift further apart the more I move it to the side of the video.

However, when I close the program and start clean. I am able to get it the way I want.

So how come I get this issue when I try to add icons to my projects, yet if I just start with a blank slate and only add one video and one icon, it works fine?

Any help would be appreciated.

Merlimau
Registered Member
Which version do you run? 17.12.0 or AppImage 17.12.0d? It is recommended to download the AppImage version until the release of Ubuntu 18.04.

Anyway, I meant I heard about problem with "Position and Zoom" in the latest version. As work around, try the older version you had.
alsamman
Registered Member
Merlimau wrote:Which version do you run? 17.12.0 or AppImage 17.12.0d? It is recommended to download the AppImage version until the release of Ubuntu 18.04.

Anyway, I meant I heard about problem with "Position and Zoom" in the latest version. As work around, try the older version you had.

17.12.0 AppImage
Merlimau
Registered Member
No key frame set? Try with the effect „transform“ instead.
alsamman
Registered Member
Merlimau wrote:No key frame set? Try with the effect „transform“ instead.

I was able to find out what triggers this problem. When I set my timeline to play "High Quality", I don't have any issues with the Position and Zoom. However, it is when I switch it to Preview Mode that the icons can't move to the sides anymore.