This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Just installed from Image-No preview window

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tytower
Registered Member
I use puppy xenialpup64 7.5. I installed from the mirror site and then installed VLC media player after it wanted VLC or xine .
It still reports no preview window and says something is wrong with the install or the driver settings.

OK well puppy runs as root so I'm guessing this probably has an effect here but if not can anyone suggest what might be missing or the problem and any suggestions how to fix it?
Merlimau
Registered Member
puppy xenialpup64 7.5 seems a very small Linux distribution. It could be that some "graphic interface” in puppy is missing and this can be the reason you don’t see anything on the preview window. I run Ubuntu and Lubuntu in a virtual box on win7 and Lubuntu is the smoothest.

Is there a possibility in puppy to “upgrade” the graphic driver/interface? If not, maybe you try another distribution with a different graphic interface.
Stetsbequem
Registered Member
OS
> Just installed from Image-No preview window
What image (which version of Kdenlive)?

The Social Credit System is a credit rating and blacklist being developed by the the ruling Chinese Communist Party. The goal is total control of the population by awarding points for desirable behavior, or withdrawing them for negative behavior.
tytower
Registered Member
Kdenlive-17.12.0d-x86_64.AppImage

Below is a screenshot of what I get.
[img]
https://mega.nz/#!7wtDRLCK!eMelAWuYliAf ... dSqG7kS_rQ
[/img]

[url]
https://mega.nz/#!7wtDRLCK!eMelAWuYliAf ... dSqG7kS_rQ
[/url]
Stetsbequem
Registered Member
OS
Iit is the same as for kdenlive-18.08-beta1.AppImage, at least for this version the error is known. Either write an error message or select a "normal" installation. Or both ;)

The Social Credit System is a credit rating and blacklist being developed by the the ruling Chinese Communist Party. The goal is total control of the population by awarding points for desirable behavior, or withdrawing them for negative behavior.
tytower
Registered Member
Stetsbequem wrote:Iit is the same as for kdenlive-18.08-beta1.AppImage, at least for this version the error is known. Either write an error message or select a "normal" installation. Or both ;)

Not making any sense with that . What do you mean?
Stetsbequem
Registered Member
OS
tytower wrote:
Stetsbequem wrote:Iit is the same as for kdenlive-18.08-beta1.AppImage, at least for this version the error is known. Either write an error message or select a "normal" installation. Or both ;)

Not making any sense with that . What do you mean?

kdenlive-18.08-beta1.AppImage: "Could not create the video preview window. There is something wrong with your Kdenlive install or your driver settings, please fix it." (For future forum searches)

General questions provoke general answers. Good luck.

tytower
Registered Member
So none of the above answerers have given anything constructive.
I have got a working version by using the Puppy Package Manager in Puppy to download an older version , so I know how it should work .

Any smart people out there who can suggest a fix for this though ?

Last edited by tytower on Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
capslock
Registered Member
OS
If it is a known issue, there will be smart software developers of the kdenlive project who are going to fix this for future versions. Until then you should switch to a non beta version (aka stable version) of kdenlive. The current stable is 17.12.3.
tytower
Registered Member
Thanks . The previous poster was not as clear as you have been.