This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Ripple Edit

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ionymous
Registered Member

Ripple Edit

Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:20 pm
I'm new to using kdenlive and I'm a novice at editing video.
I have a number of clips back to back in one track. I want to resize the clips without introducing gaps when shortening, or being blocked by the next clip when lengthening.
Instead, the neighboring clip should just stick to the end of the clip I'm resizing and get moved along the timeline.

I think this is called a ripple edit and is described in this FCP documentation:
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH12550?lo ... cale=en_US

I've seen some talk on this forum about a ripple edit feature but I'm not convinced it's there.
Is it there? How do I use it?
Thanks for any help
Ion
ADepic
Registered Member

Re: Ripple Edit

Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:48 pm
It's in the kdenlive documentaion, but I think it has been removed in newer versions, no idea why
ionymous
Registered Member

Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:27 pm
Sounds like two problems. I found DaVinci Resolve and it has a very functional ripple edit.
ADepic
Registered Member

Fri May 04, 2018 7:43 pm
You can right click on a empty space and choose "delete in all tracks" which is pretty much a ripple delete
ionymous
Registered Member

Fri May 04, 2018 8:07 pm
Being able to resize either end of a clip and having the clips that follow automatically move position is key. If this action is blocked by next clip to the right, or if a gap appears between, then it's maddening.