This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Reset KDenLive settings

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kazakore
Registered Member

Reset KDenLive settings

Wed May 02, 2018 7:12 pm
Just installed Ubuntu Studio 18.04 on a new SSD, going through my configurations to get everything looking and feeling as I like, got to configuring KDenLive to look how I want (dark theme) and going through the visible settings and very quickly it got a point where the menus were pure black with no visible text at all!

I tried to guess the menu location for the theme etc and have now clicked on a menu item that closes the entire top menu so I can't even access it for blind clicking around now!

So I tried a apt-get purge/install kdenlive hoping this would reset all settings but it has not done so.
I've tried deleting the contents of ~/.local/share/kdenlive/ and ~/.cache/kdenlive/ before reinstalling the unusable settings persist.

How can I reset Kdenlive to default settings? And please can somebody try and make this program so you can't break it into an unusable condition like this!
capslock
Registered Member
OS

Re: Reset KDenLive settings

Thu May 03, 2018 12:38 pm
Do you use KDE as desktop? If not you may see a problem related to you desktop and not to kdenlive.
kazakore
Registered Member

Thu May 03, 2018 1:05 pm
No I use XFCE on the main, it's the default for Ubuntu Studio and what I decided was my favourite DE before settling on that distro anyway. I am also demoing and alternating use with MATE at the moment as there are definitely things about XFCE that aren't perfect. Sorry but I wont be migrating to KDE!

But still that doesn't change the fact there should be a way to get the menu bar back visible. Or access the menus once the bar is visible.

Or that it should be fairly simple to reset an install to all default settings, but purging and removing folders from Home does not accomplish this!

I have tried different Themes, but as KDenLive uses its own themes (and this is what broke it in the first place!) it's no surprise that changing these has made no difference!
capslock
Registered Member
OS

Re: Reset KDenLive settings  Topic is solved

Thu May 03, 2018 1:32 pm
You don't need to change to anything...

I have searched the forum for you:
viewtopic.php?f=265&t=138976

Good luck!
kazakore
Registered Member

Tue May 08, 2018 11:06 am
Thanks for finding that for me.

In case somebody else comes across this thread in their search the file I had missed to delete was ~/.config/kdenliverc

Problem solved, thanks again.