This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Themes in Flatpak v18.04

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
brodie
Registered Member

Themes in Flatpak v18.04

Wed May 09, 2018 8:31 am
I have installed v18.04 from the Flatpak and have noticed that it does not find the extra themes associated with KDE Session. In contrast the appimage for 18.04 which does find the themes (running on the same system) as did the current PPA v. (17.?). I was just wondering if it was usual for the Flatpak version to fail to find the themes like this or if it could be resolved?

Thanks!
kenj69
Registered Member
OS

Re: Themes in Flatpak v18.04

Fri May 11, 2018 2:51 am
brodie wrote:I have installed v18.04 from the Flatpak and have noticed that it does not find the extra themes associated with KDE Session. In contrast the appimage for 18.04 which does find the themes (running on the same system) as did the current PPA v. (17.?). I was just wondering if it was usual for the Flatpak version to fail to find the themes like this or if it could be resolved?

Thanks!

I have tried AppImage but not Flatpack. I found that Themes work poorly on non-KDE systems and Settings/Download New Wipes, New Render Profiles and New Title Templates don't work at all. I switched to KDE Neon just so I would have no limitations with Kdenlive.

These limitations are not a deal-breaker though. I have installed the 18.04 AppImage and Kdenlive somehow looks and acts better than ever. However, I still run the 17.08 version which is the latest in the KDE Neon distribution.

I also run Shotcut, a close cousin of Kdenlive. It still has problems in the AppImage, Flatpack and Snap versions. These distribution packages show great promise but it seems the devs are having some problems getting them to run right, especially on video editors.

-=Ken=-

KDE Neon 5.15, ASRock MB with Ryzen 3 1200 and 16 GB RAM, GEForce GT-710