This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Change clip file source (in bin)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rafaellinuxuser
Registered Member
OS

Change clip file source (in bin)

Wed May 09, 2018 8:28 pm
I need to make 10 projects that are identical except in the video file source. The video had 4 distinct effects, so I don't want to "delete" the video and apply newly all four effect to the video (ten times, ten projects).

Please, what's the way to replace a video clip for a new one without needing to delete from video channel and applying all effects again?

Thank you
jpasturel
Registered Member
If i understand your need, i can subject this ( not tested by me, give a feedback, if you try it, thanks):
Have you try to use a file source as template ( named for example template.mp4 or other format), applies the effect, renders the movie and afterwards copy the second source file to template.mp4, save as a new project, renders with a different name that the first and so on.
if the effects are keyframed, certainly the source clips must have the same duration.
rafaellinuxuser
Registered Member
OS

Re: Change clip file source (in bin)

Thu May 10, 2018 10:14 pm
jpasturel wrote:If i understand your need, i can subject this ( not tested by me, give a feedback, if you try it, thanks):
Have you try to use a file source as template ( named for example template.mp4 or other format), applies the effect, renders the movie and afterwards copy the second source file to template.mp4, save as a new project, renders with a different name that the first and so on.
if the effects are keyframed, certainly the source clips must have the same duration.

I read about this workaround, but I was looking for a integrated functionality in Kdenlive. It seems inexistent. Anyway, I'll try, while I suggest this as a "must have" to Kdenlive developers.