This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive Always Reverts to DEFAULT Theme On Startup

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
alsamman
Registered Member
Hello everyone,

I am trying to use Kdenlive 18.04.1 on Linux Mint 18.3 but have one issue I want to mention in this post. I prefer to use the Breeze Dark theme however, once I close the program and open it again, it always reverts to Default. I have "Force Breeze Icon Theme" checked but it doesn't matter. I always am greeted with the all white Default theme that I don't like and have to manually change the theme to Breeze Dark every time I open Kdenlive.

I used Kdenlive 17.12.0d and didn't have this problem.
Merlimau
Registered Member
alsamman
Registered Member

Yes. I only have the AppImage. I can't find any other configuration files.
Merlimau
Registered Member
Same issue when I have installed more than 1 Kdenlive version (17.12 and 18.04 for instance). As I’m on Windows I can’t really help but most solved the issue with updating Ubuntu: viewtopic.php?f=269&t=143342
epascual
Registered Member
I have the same issue with the AppImage version 18.04.1 under Linux Mint 17.3.

The "colortheme" key of the "unmanaged" section in ~/.config:kdenlive-appimage/kdenlive-appimagerc is blank by default. Selecting another theme sets it to a path with a random part (e.g. /tmp/.mount_imIuYI/usr/share/color-schemes/BreezeDark.colors), since depending on the appimage temp mount point. This path is hence not valid when loading the settings on next startup, and Kdenlive reverts to default setting.

I could not find a workaround until now. Any idea ?
dhealey
Registered Member
Hi,

I've been struggling with this same issue for the last couple of hours. I'm also on Linux Mint. I think I just found the solution. You need to install the breeze meta package.
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install breeze