This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

can't use keyboard to toggle clip <=> project monitors

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
lmichaels
Registered Member
I am running the latest (18.04.1) AppImage.

I have two different questions related to controlling the clip/project monitors:

1) I have the clip and project monitors in their own window (each monitor residing in its own "tab" inside that window).

What I am trying to do: I want to alternate between which of the two monitors is being displayed using the keyboard.

Pressing Alt-P lets me switch from the clip monitor to the project monitor, but the keyboard shortcut in the "opposite direction" (Alt-C) doesn't work because it activates the Kdenlive "Clip" menu... Is there a way to disable the menu accelerator? I checked Settings => "Configure Shortcuts" but couldn't find anything for this.

2) What is "Switch Monitor" supposed to do? At least with this layout (ie, both monitors in their own window) it doesn't seem to do anything other than affect whether a clip is selected in the list of clips in the Project Bin.
jonpienaar
Registered Member
I think what you want to do is "Switch Monitor" -- default shortcut is T. (I have changed mine to Q to match Final Cut Pro >:D )
lmichaels
Registered Member
jonpienaar wrote:I think what you want to do is "Switch Monitor" -- default shortcut is T. (I have changed mine to Q to match Final Cut Pro >:D )

Does Switch Monitor work for you when you have the clip and project monitors *in their own window* (ie, after you have dragged them outside of the main kdenlive window)?