This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cannot add keyframe with Rotoscope

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rnaugler
Registered Member

Cannot add keyframe with Rotoscope

Wed May 30, 2018 2:18 am
Hi all,
System Linux Mint 18.3 Mate.
I've been using Kdenlive for a couple years now, especially for some greenscreen work. I had been using the kdenlive-testing PPA to stay with the most recent version but that PPA stopped working. When I tried to use kdenlive to work on my latest video, I found that I could not add a keyframe when attempting to rotoscope my video this time.
So, I thought it might have been a version thing. So, I installed the 18.04 flatpack through the software manager. This showed the same problem. I had uninstalled the previous version of kdenlive so that I could save the space. When I reinstalled kdenlive (through apt-get install) the newly installed version will not run. It gives the following error:
Code: Select all
statik@Statik-Laptop ~/Downloads $ kdenlive
Shortcut for action  "rename" "Rename" set with QAction::setShortcut()! Use KActionCollection::setDefaultShortcut(s) instead.
Removing cache at "/home/statik/.cache/kdenlive-thumbs.kcache"
Failed to create OpenGL context for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags(), depthBufferSize 24, redBufferSize -1, greenBufferSize -1, blueBufferSize -1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize 8, samples -1, swapBehavior 2, swapInterval 1, profile  0)
Aborted

I am getting frustrated now. I need kdenlive working so that I can complete the video project. Can anyone point me to a working deb install or ppa for kdenlive?
Thanks!

Rod
rnaugler
Registered Member
OK, now I feel stupid.
After a little playing around, I realized that part of my daily Updates included a new Nvidia driver so the OpenGl was probably out of whack. A reboot solved that. Then, today, I realized that I was left-clicking at the end of a rotoscope loop, not right-clicking. So, the rotoscoping is working and keyframing is working.
I'm just stupid. :)
bartoloni
OS
well... maybe on future someone searching for "Failed to create OpenGL context for format QSurfaceFormat" will can find a solution using your thread :)