This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cannot render to any file (v.18.04.1) on Windows

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
crazybenjy
Registered Member
Whenever I try to render to a file I get the error:

[webm @ 0000000003de1200] Using AVStream.codec to pass codec parameters to muxers is deprecated, use AVStream.codecpar instead. [webm @ 0000000003de1200] Using AVStream.codec to pass codec parameters to muxers is deprecated, use AVStream.codecpar instead. Current Frame: 2, percentage: 0

I'm on a windows 10 laptop. I've looked around and can't find any fixes for 18.04.1. I got it working on v17.02 by replacing FFmpeg with an older version but now that KDE removed the need to download FFmpeg I can't solve this. Any suggestions?
bartoloni
OS
crazybenjy wrote:Whenever I try to render to a file I get the error:

[webm @ 0000000003de1200] Using AVStream.codec to pass codec parameters to muxers is deprecated, use AVStream.codecpar instead. [webm @ 0000000003de1200] Using AVStream.codec to pass codec parameters to muxers is deprecated, use AVStream.codecpar instead. Current Frame: 2, percentage: 0

I'm on a windows 10 laptop. I've looked around and can't find any fixes for 18.04.1. I got it working on v17.02 by replacing FFmpeg with an older version but now that KDE removed the need to download FFmpeg I can't solve this. Any suggestions?

Wait.. the latest stable version for Windows .. is 18.04.1d : https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ ... 1d-w64.zip

you DON'T NEED to replace ffmpeg dll. (and the already present DLLs on the package are working well)

but.. you need to delete the old Kdenlive 17.02 configuration file ( kdenliverc )
that is located here: c:/users/USERNAME/appdata/local

to access appdata folder just press: [Windows+R] and then type this: APPDATA (enter) .. after that enter on LOCAL folder and delete the file.
brodie
Registered Member
I seem to have a similar problem. trying to render to any format gives me a MELT error (see this image:https://app.box.com/s/acn6s0o7cyp1mi8ziaio5b6a6y9c6ng2).
Running Windows 10 Kdenlive 18.04.1d (and haven't touched ffmpeg as per the guidance. Ironically I had this working in v17!)
grosser
Registered Member
Hi,
I have also problems with 18.4.1 on Windows . . .
First I had problems to render . . . "This application failed...."
Then I deleted the "kdenliverc" in "\AppData\Local" and now . . .
I can't import videos . . . always error "clip is invaild, will be removed from project"
Why? :-(
Thanks

Lutz