This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Windows 10

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ranieresilva
Registered Member

Windows 10

Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:41 am
Hi, I downloaded https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ ... 1d-w64.zip on the virtual machine that Microsoft provide for free at https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/m ... tools/vms/ to test Microsft Edge on Windows 10 and try to run Kdenlive but it close right after it open. Any help?
mhirczy
Registered Member

Re: Windows 10

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:29 pm
same here... any ideas??
when I start kdenlive from the commandline with the --help param, the poput window opens.
I event tried to specify the --mlt path, but nothing - I don't even get a kdenlive window open :-/
MusicalBox
Registered Member

Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:51 pm
I do have a similar problem on Windows 10, 64 bits. Kdenlive started fine the first time I launched it but since then, it won't launch anymore. This morning I looked in the task manager and there were 3 kdenlive.exe files running in the background. I stopped all 3 but it didn't help. Still can't launch Kdenlive. Rebooting the computer won't help either.
bartoloni
OS

Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:11 am
MusicalBox wrote:I do have a similar problem on Windows 10, 64 bits. Kdenlive started fine the first time I launched it but since then, it won't launch anymore. This morning I looked in the task manager and there were 3 kdenlive.exe files running in the background. I stopped all 3 but it didn't help. Still can't launch Kdenlive. Rebooting the computer won't help either.

This is a (very old) know issues that doesn't prevent using Kdenlive. (there are some scripts on forum to automatically kill all istances of kdenlive)

mhirczy wrote:same here... any ideas??
when I start kdenlive from the commandline with the --help param, the poput window opens.
I event tried to specify the --mlt path, but nothing - I don't even get a kdenlive window open :-/

Good to know that (for now) it's not possible to use Kdenlive on this type of virtual machine.
Can i suggest to use Virtualbox and install Windows 10 without entering a product key when asked (this is an option on Windows10 to try the product without a key) and check if the issue is related to VirtualBox or Win10 image?
MusicalBox
Registered Member

Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:19 am
bartoloni wrote:This is a (very old) know issues that doesn't prevent using Kdenlive. (there are some scripts on forum to automatically kill all istances of kdenlive)

bartoloni, this may be a (very old) known issue, but I'm a (very new) user of Kdenlive and even newer member of this forum. I did search for an answer before annoying everybody with my questions and found this discussion that was more or less related to my problem.

I will try to find those scripts you mention, although I find it strange that I could not launch Kdenlive after a reboot of my computer. Shouldn't that kill all instances of any running program ?

Anyways, thanks for your answer. I'm currently testing the Shotcut editor but I'm tired of it crashing all the time. Kdenlive looked like an interesting alternative. I hope I can make it work...
Merlimau
Registered Member

Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:38 am
Here is the instruction for the batch file (I can’t upload it): viewtopic.php?f=265&t=142662#p383445
Start the editor and copy the code into it. Save the file with extension “bat”.
After you finish Kdenlive just double click the batch file and all running process gets stopped.
MusicalBox
Registered Member

Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:19 pm
Thank you Merlimau. But the .bat file didn't work. Not right away.
So I completely deleted the Kdenlive folder then downloaded it again. The program launched with no problem, I closed it, ran the .bat file and yeah ! Kdenlive seems to work fine now on my computer.
Merlimau
Registered Member

Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:10 pm
If you come to the start/stop issue in Kdenlive Windows version. Here a work around: viewtopic.php?f=265&t=142632#p398617

I assume you downloaded version 18.04. If you have problem with this version on Windows I can guide you to version 17.12 which is pretty stable on Windows 10.