This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Please help.. save issue

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
creichle
Registered Member

Please help.. save issue

Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:24 am
I just downloaded kd and im haveing serious issues.

extract frame does not work. even if i extract to project it dosent save a file and then i get an error. i click extract frame it brings up my files i pick the file then goto save but the save button says open.

I cant save period. i try saveing as same deal, no file ever saves and it always says open insted of save. iv tried 2 versions of kden from the software manager both do this.

i cant install it from terminal on mint cause terminal wont type my password. still trying to fix that also...
and help would be nice. thanks!
Merlimau
Registered Member

Re: Please help.. save issue

Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:32 am
In clip or project monitor: right click onto the picture -> extract frame -> opens the save window and I can save as png file.
I’m on Windows Kdenlive 17.12.0.

As you work on Mint try to download the Appimage direct from here: https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/

You have to turn the Appimage into an executable file. Select the Appimage -> properties -> Perrmisson -> click on “Allow execute this file”.
creichle
Registered Member

Re: Please help.. save issue

Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:00 pm
Merlimau wrote:In clip or project monitor: right click onto the picture -> extract frame -> opens the save window and I can save as png file.
I’m on Windows Kdenlive 17.12.0.

As you work on Mint try to download the Appimage direct from here: https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/

You have to turn the Appimage into an executable file. Select the Appimage -> properties -> Perrmisson -> click on “Allow execute this file”.

ill have to try that thank you ill get back to it. my only choice when i goto save is png. and it never saves or shows save just open