This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to manually add a proxy clip for a clip to a project?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kiman
Registered Member
Hi!
My camera generates 2 type of clips big and small. So I want not to generate a proxy clip in Kdenlive, but to add existing one. Is it possible?
Thank you!
Merlimau
Registered Member
Yes. Drag the clip you want into the Project Bin and from there into the timeline.
kiman
Registered Member
Thank you for answer, but I think here is some misunderstanding.
I was asking about adding existing proxy clips https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manua ... roxy_clips
Merlimau
Registered Member
Aah. You don’t can take any proxys because of the file name. So you have to create the proxys ones in Kdenlive.

Kdenlive create proxys for each clip according an unique internal number which each clip have. Variable “file_hash">1aa97d6aa8164ae4013fc049c3ccbbad

The proxys are stored with this “file_hash” name under (example Windows):
"kdenlive:proxy">C:/Users/Customer/AppData/Local/kdenlive/cache/proxy/1aa97d6aa8164ae4013fc049c3ccbbad.mkv

I don’t know if you are on Linux. Open your Kdenlive project file with an editor and find the path of the proxys.

To rename each proxy according the “file_hash" is a big work and the problem of wrong proxy name as well.

One’s you finished the project you can back up the clip and the proxys together. So you have to make the proxys just ones.