This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[18.04.1] kdenlive Windows crashes at play

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Registered Member
Hello, since updating to the newest version of Kdenlive (for Windows), when I press Play on any of my projects, Kdenlive closes. Does anyone know why, and could this be fixed? I'm on Windows 10, and this happens on both of my pc's.
Registered Member
Oh, no!!!
I had saved the old version of Kdenlive, so I thought I would be able to render my video still. But since I opened the project in the new version, it won't load in the old version anymore, for some reason. And if I load any of the back-ups, it doesn't work, and displays funky glitches with 'INVALID' over it instead! D:
Merlimau
Registered Member
dbikker
Registered Member
That did not fix it, it still crashes every time. :(
Merlimau
Registered Member
Ones Kdenlive crashes with please post the error message from the event viewer: windows+r -> eventvwr -> check the error messages with Kdenlive.
dbikker
Registered Member
Merlimau wrote:Ones Kdenlive crashes with please post the error message from the event viewer: windows+r -> eventvwr -> check the error messages with Kdenlive.

I do not have experience with this program. How do I find Kdenlive in there? I don't see any program names anywhere, even after waiting until the logs have loaded.
Merlimau
Registered Member
Go to the event viewer of Windows make only sense if you had a crash with Kdenlive before. This to check which module of Kdenlive made the crash.

Here a small how to do:
In the event viewer click on the “+” in front of “Error” to enlarge the content. Typically, the error message you’ll find under “1000 Application error”. If you had a crash double click on “1000 Application error” and under “General” click into the message window press CTRL+A (select all), press CTRL+C (copy) and put that into this forum with CTRL+V (paste).
dbikker
Registered Member
Merlimau wrote:Go to the event viewer of Windows make only sense if you had a crash with Kdenlive before. This to check which module of Kdenlive made the crash.

Here a small how to do:
In the event viewer click on the “+” in front of “Error” to enlarge the content. Typically, the error message you’ll find under “1000 Application error”. If you had a crash double click on “1000 Application error” and under “General” click into the message window press CTRL+A (select all), press CTRL+C (copy) and put that into this forum with CTRL+V (paste).

That works.
Code: Select all
Naam van toepassing met fout: kdenlive.exe, versie: 0.0.0.0, tijdstempel: 0x5af1fdff
Naam van module met fout: msvcrt.dll, versie: 7.0.17134.1, tijdstempel: 0x5cbba6fd
Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000005
Foutmarge: 0x00000000000745a0
Id van proces met fout: 0xbcc
Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d439f2d021eb91
Pad naar toepassing met fout: G:\Applications\Kdenlive-18.04.1\kdenlive.exe
Pad naar module met fout: C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcrt.dll
Rapport-id: e7de0bef-5cfd-45aa-a5ad-03f30250d11c
Volledige pakketnaam met fout:
Relatieve toepassings-id van pakket met fout:
Merlimau
Registered Member
msvcrt.dll is needed that Kdenlive can run.

Please try the following
- Install all Win10 updates.
- Make sure the graphic driver is updated as well

Try again and port the result.
bartoloni
OS
dbikker wrote:
Merlimau wrote:Go to the event viewer of Windows make only sense if you had a crash with Kdenlive before. This to check which module of Kdenlive made the crash.
Here a small how to do:

T

Some time ago i found that a visual-c runtime error was trowed by Kdenlive when opeing a project because "localization formats" was changed . (for example i switched from Italian number format to English/American localization numbers format...) this can happens also when changing OS language .... or reinstalling a different language OS.

viewtopic.php?f=265&t=143056

this is related to the localization numbers format ( i changed decimal symbol from "," to "." and the Digit grouping symbol from "." to "," )

Registered Member
My Windows 10 is up to date. Remember I've got two devices. It seems unlikely that this could be caused by specific drivers.
I'll check if a new version has been released. Otherwise, I'll look for someone to render the video for me.
Merlimau
Registered Member
607 wrote:Remember I've got two devices.

What do you mean with 2 devices?

Do you run Kdenlive 18.08.0?