This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

change speed effect - clip invalid

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
edgarejm
Registered Member
OS

change speed effect - clip invalid

Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:34 am
Whenever I move a clip that has a speed effect applied to it and/or change the speed of the speed effect, kdenlive complains and says clip is invalid. It doesn't remove the clip from the project, but it won't play the clip on the preview monitor or change the speed if I'm editing the speed. I've looked up "clip is invalid" and it yields too many threads that doesn't seem to have a consensus on a solution, aside from making sure ffmpeg and mlt is compatible with the version of kdenlive I'm using. As far as I can tell, all the dependencies are ok, so I'm not sure what is going on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

kdenlive version 18.04.1
mlt version 6.6.0
ffmpeg version 3.4.2-2
kubuntu 18.04
kde plasma version 5.12.6
kde frameworks version 5.44.0
qt version 5.9.5
kernel version 4.15.0-24-generic
4x intel i7-6500U
8 gig ram

Merlimau
Registered Member
Kdenlive version 18.04.1 must have MLT version 6.7.0. Try to install that or download the AppImage.
edgarejm
Registered Member
OS
Merlimau wrote:Kdenlive version 18.04.1 must have MLT version 6.7.0. Try to install that or download the AppImage.

Thanks Merlimau. Sorry I didn't noticed my error.

I haven't edited in awhile, but I remember the appimage was giving me similar issues of "clip invalid." Whether or not the "clip invalid" error is the result of the actions described above or because of something else I don't remember. I'm going to have to troubleshoot this some more later when I find the time.

edgarejm
Registered Member
OS
I am actually still having the same issue with the appimage. Whenver I try to change the speed of the clip, it would give me an invalid error clip.

My current workaround;
1) If I just delete the clip and reimport, it starts working again.
2) If I delete the speed effect and reapply, it starts working again.

It would be nice to not have to do this constantly, so any help figuring this out would be great.