This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

dark green screen on monitor

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
megadriive
Registered Member

dark green screen on monitor

Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:48 am
i installed the latest version of kdenlive on my windows 7 laptop, and upon opening, i get a green screen on both my clip and project monitors. when i import a clip into the software and put it in the timeline, the clip doesn't show up, but the audio works just fine. what's even stranger is that when i render the video, it shows perfectly fine. how do i fix the green monitor problem?
Merlimau
Registered Member

Re: dark green screen on monitor

Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:18 pm
Do you have updated your graphic card driver to the latest version? You take Kdenlive 18.04.1 from here https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ ... 1d-w64.zip?
megadriive
Registered Member

Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:55 pm
my graphics card (nvidia nvs 3100m) is at the latest version, and i did download the version you linked to (Kdenlive-18.04.1d-w64).
Merlimau
Registered Member

Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:42 pm
I have such a green screen with some strange text in on Project Monitor by just opening Kdenlive. As soon as I click into the project Monitor it gets black. Moving the play heat I see the clip content.

Do you have GPU acceleration on? CTRL+SHIFT+, -> playback.
megadriive
Registered Member

Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:03 pm
gpu acceleration isn't enabled, and i can't enable it because it's greyed out.
bartoloni
OS

Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:18 am
megadriive wrote:gpu acceleration isn't enabled, and i can't enable it because it's greyed out.

in Windows version there is no "GPU acceleration" (audio playback) for now.. and on linux is a work-in-progress feature. (only for playback) nothing to do with some visual artifact.

i can suggest you to change your theme (i've also an Nvidia card) and when launching kdenlive i see the "green" but after a while it disappear. (i'm using my kdenlive rusted bronze theme for windows) viewtopic.php?f=279&t=142606
vlady
Registered Member

Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:08 pm
I am having the same trouble of only seeing a "green screen" on both the "clip monitor" and "project monitor" within Kdenlive.

I have a GeForce GT630 with the latest drivers installed (using Windows 8.1 64 bit). Kdenlive was downloaded from https://kdenlive.org/en/download/ (received Kdenlive-18.04.1d-w64.zip)

I tried using the Rusted Bronze theme (no change).

I can hear the audio from a clip when the clip monitor is "scubbed" in the time line, but nothing showing except for "green screen".

Not sure what else to try, going back to OpenShot in the interim unless a solution is available.

Regards
Merlimau
Registered Member

Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:21 pm
Try with Kdenlive 18.08.1: https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ ... 8.1-w64.7z. Maybe it work as this version has the newer MLT version.
vlady
Registered Member

Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:39 pm
nope, still the same (and tried it using the Rusted Bronze theme as well).

Really disappointing, can't even display a video/still image, let alone trying the editing functions, doesn't bode well, think I will stop wasting time and just stick with OpenShot for simple stuff and Premiere for the more complicated.
Merlimau
Registered Member

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:53 am
Just as a try: go to control panel -> internet options -> advanced. Scroll down to “Accelerated Graphics” click the box underneath "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering". Scroll down to “security” click on “enable 64-bit processes for enhanced protected mode”. Click apply. After a restart of the PC try Kdenlive again.
fbj
Registered Member

Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:16 am
Has there been any resolution on this?

I also have the green screen for clips and project monitor.
Windows 7, Kdenlive 18.08.2. Nvidia GEForce 320M version 327.02.

Tried "software rendering instead of GPU accelerator". Haven't tried the rusted bronze colour theme. Have tried rendering timeline and using proxy clips... no joy.

With thanks
Merlimau
Registered Member
As I don’t have this problem it’s difficult to say (seems a Nvidia problem). How long do you use Kdenlive? Do you have this problem before? Last Tuesday was the Windows patch day. You can try the following:

- update your Notebook graphic card to the latest version.
- Delete the “Kdenliverc” file as descript here under "Qt rendering crash“ : https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manua ... itical_bug .
- CTRL+SHIFT+, (comma) -> environment -> Processing thread -> set to 1.
fbj
Registered Member

Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:58 pm
Thank you very much. I found there was a graphic card update, did all steps below and problem is solved! ;D

Merlimau wrote:- update your Notebook graphic card to the latest version.
- Delete the “Kdenliverc” file as descript here under "Qt rendering crash“ : https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manua ... itical_bug .
- CTRL+SHIFT+, (comma) -> environment -> Processing thread -> set to 1.
Merlimau
Registered Member

Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:31 pm
Glad to hear you could solve it. Please mark the thread as solved.