This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Version 15.12.3 few rendering options..... my older vers.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
shallgrimsson
Registered Member
I was upgrading my Linux from 14.. to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and ugraded my kdenlive to
15.12.3 I dont remember my old version..
KDE Frameworks 5.18.0 Qt 5.5.1 (built against 5.5.1) The xcb windowing system
Question is why do I have much fewer rendering options than in my old version ? My camera files are 1080 60fps Mpeg-4 AAC. My clips are for upload to youtube and this part of kdenlive looks not so good to me. I cant even render from MPEG-4 to MPEG-4 after editing......... There is an option of download new render profiles but that link is not working. And the quality is not the same as my old renderings, you can watch my you tube channel sigurdur Hallgrimsson and see various rendering out coms. Can anyon help me ?
Merlimau
Registered Member
You tried width the actual Kdenlive AppImage version?
shallgrimsson
Registered Member
Yes I did try the app version and there are not many more rendering options there. I would like to see more rendering options in kdenlive cos there are so many devices on the market today + YT and our videos in such big files like my 1080 60fps the bitrate is around 36000 kb and to compress that down to 8000kb (min) - 12000kb and still get a nice video on my Flat tv of what I am filming I like to see more rendering options. kind regards.
Merlimau
Registered Member
You are right see here: https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manua ... enu/Render
Saw your test clip on YouTube. What you want to change? The bit rate? Then check out the MLT documentation: https://www.mltframework.org/plugins/ConsumerAvformat/
shallgrimsson
Registered Member
Hi, the bit rate is easy and making new rendering profiles. I think my problem looks like this, that is to render in one file format for YT and another for my home devices. My TV plays outstanding original video but not after YT compression. I cant even get my TV to play at 1080 on YT and for me that means my rendering format is not the best.... cos I can see other YT 60fps ok quality in 1080 on my TV but none of my uploads ! From my point I need to dig into MLT-Documentation and H-264 format.

Here is the rendering I wanted to do YT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V-6aFD ... dex=3&t=0s

f=mp4 acodec=libmp3lame ab=256k ar=48000 vcodec=libx264 minrate=2800k vb=3800k g=75 qmax=51 subq=7 qmin=10 qcomp=0.6 qdiff=4 trellis=1 aspect=%dar pass=2
You can set minrate=2800k vb=3800k up to minrate=3800k vb=6800k and above depending on how much, and fast the Elements are changing in your entirely scenes.

I have not yet uploaded this formula to my YT. In next month I will make more video and later I need to really get into this subject of rendering.
Kind regards and thanks for your help.
shallgrimsson
Registered Member
To Merlimau, I was testing new parameters in the formula above and that is promising.. but I have not uploaded to YT yet. I changed the audio codec to aac and minrate up to 8000k and VB up to 12000k (60fps clip). Rendered bit rate went up to 12200k I will probably test higher for uploads. It looks like my desktop computer wants a new Graphics Card.....

f=mp4 acodec=aac ab=256k ar=48000 vcodec=libx264 minrate=8000k vb=12000k g=75 qmax=51 subq=7 qmin=10 qcomp=0.6 qdiff=4 trellis=1 aspect=%dar pass=2

I would be glad if you or other guys/ladies tried this formula and give it a go !! kind regards 8)
NB this was done in the Kdenlive AppImage (18.04.1)