This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Version 15.12.3 Ubuntu 16.04 rendering in 2 pass chrashes

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
shallgrimsson
Registered Member
Always when I try to make a 2 pass rendering it crashes, does anyone got an idea ???
Ubuntu 16.04
KDE Frameworks 5.18.0
Qt 5.5.1 (built against 5.5.1)
The xcb windowing system
Merlimau
Registered Member
2 pass rendering can make the final file ca. 13% smaller. Usually 2 pass was done with MPG2 on DVD. You tried width the actual Kdenlive AppImage version?
shallgrimsson
Registered Member
Merlimau wrote:2 pass rendering can make the final file ca. 13% smaller. Usually 2 pass was done with MPG2 on DVD. You tried width the actual Kdenlive AppImage version?

Hi no I was using the Ubuntu software version, not the app version. But I did download the kdenlive-18.04.1-x86_64.AppImage and that works fine except that software does not see my Libmp3lame file..... so now i got both versions going. I wanted the 2 pass cos I did want to test it and found a good rendering formula on YT but with the Lib.. file in it and a 2 pass. I had an older version in my older ubuntu and got more rendering options and a litle sharper YT uploads with my old version 13... If I could get the 18.04 APP to find the Limb.. code then I would only need to get more rendering formulas to be really happy 8) thanks Merlimau.
Merlimau
Registered Member
Libmp3lame is for MP3 streaming. Correct? If yes why you need that?

Try to implement Libmp3lame as a new audio only rendering format. Click on “more options” or double click the format item to see more options. In the MLT documentation you see more details.
shallgrimsson
Registered Member
Hi and thanks, the reason for Libmp3lame is that I got a rendering formula on YT and I did copy that and wanted to try it. It was a rather long formula and it was used for 50fps clips so I thought it would suit me (60fps). In that was both 2-pass and Libmp3lame. Yes I need to go through the MLT documentation. Thanks.