This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

HELP! KDENLive problem. Urgent

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
davidcrocker
Registered Member

HELP! KDENLive problem. Urgent

Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:02 am
Hello everyone. I am a novice KDENLive user. I received very minimal training with the program which my organization uses for video editing. I have used it successfully for the last two months after receiving about four hours of training on how to use some template presentations.
Here is the problem: I am working on a new project. I have several video clips imported into my project, along with several title boards that I use to insert or overlay graphics on top of edited video files. The thin white bar with an inverted arrow at the top, that marks where in a video the reference is will not move. I don’t know what this bar is called, but prior to now, anytime I clicked along a video file, that bar would move to that point along the time line. The bar is now frozen and will not move and I have no idea why. It severely hinders my ability to create a project and it affects all of my saved projects as well.
To be clear, I’ve historically added all of my title clips or story boards where I need them, insert video clips, use slice tool to remove unnecessary content, then render a finished product. The white bar I speak of would scroll across the footage and also indicate the point in time along the time scale. It does not do this now. I need to know how to restore this functionality.
Merlimau
Registered Member

Re: HELP! KDENLive problem. Urgent

Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:46 pm
I assume this is the video/play head you talking about.

Do you work with a windows version of Kdenlive? If yes, this is a known bug.
Try the following:
- Hit space bar than hit the arrow right -> play head should start to move.
- Click on the play button on the project monitor and hit the arrow right -> play head should start to move.

Maybe you have to do this several times until the play head starts to move.
davidcrocker
Registered Member

Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:20 am
I am working on an Alienware laptop running 64 bit Windows 10. It has worked fine with KDENLive up to this point. All other functionality on KDEN appears to work normally, but I simply can’t resolve this issue after several days of trying.
To be clear: I have a project with several clips placed together, along with titles and transitions between them. Up to this point, I’ve been able to left click along the timeline or anywhere off of the video track that my project is on, and the white vertical bar with the inverted arrowhead on top would snap to that point along the timeline/clip portion. I could then play from that point. Now, when I click along the timeline I see a small gray bar move along the top, but I do not know what it is.
Now, the white bar is stuck and will not move. Likewise, I can not preview edited footage from my timeline/ video track. I can only view the original footage that I imported into my project folders.
This problem has stopped my work in its tracks. If I’m not able to resolve this issue, I will be forced to learn how to use Adobe Premier Element 15, which I have no familiarity with, but do have on my work station.
This problem must have something to do with a setting or random button that I accidentally selected. I have photos showing the problem, but do not see an option in this forum to upload.

Please help!
Merlimau
Registered Member

Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:33 am
Had this strange behavior yesterday as well with version Kdenlive 18.04.1d. As said problem is known for the windows version but the developer doesn’t know how to solve.

Try CTRL+SPACE -> this moves the play head on the beginning of the time line and playing should start working again. If not try with the arrow key right.

Close Kdenlive, make sure all processes are killed. Restart Kdenlive and try with CTRL+SPACE.

If nothing helps download Kdenlive version 17.12. Here the problem exists as well but not so permanent.
laptopcuchinhhanggiare
Registered Member

Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:14 pm
I would like to use for my old laptop cheap website should I do? Ban laptop cũ