This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Not Recognizing 2nd hard drive

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dbeuthien
Registered Member

Not Recognizing 2nd hard drive

Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:33 am
Both LibreOffice and GIMP recognize my second hard drive. Kdenlive does not. I'm a brand new linux user. I am using Mint 18.3 Kdenlive version is 18.04.1

Also, I am not able to get any sound from the speakers. I looked up what was supposed to be a solution and tried it. I locked up my computer and didn't once I was able to get my computer to boot again.

Thank you,

DBeuthien
Merlimau
Registered Member

Re: Not Recognizing 2nd hard drive

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:08 am
I have a similar issue under Windows. When I import clips into the bin via menu, the hard drive where I start Kdenlive from is not recognized (empty). Try it with drag and drop. Do you have taken the actual AppImage? If not try it: https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ ... 4.AppImage and make it executable.

Still no sound? Goto CTRL+SHIFT+, and check if you select the correct sound card.
dbeuthien
Registered Member

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:23 am
The Copy and Paste worked. The CTRL+SHIFT did not do anything. Am I supposed to hit a third key?
[quote="Merlimau"Still no sound? Goto CTRL+SHIFT+, and check if you select the correct sound card.[/quote]
Merlimau
Registered Member

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:05 am
Yes, you have to hit the “coma” as third key: CTRL+SHIFT+,