This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Image clips dropped onto the video track shows a red bar

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mikicaveman
Registered Member
Hi there,
I am using Kdenlive 18. 04.1 for Window, and having a problem in creating a slide show.
I am able to add clips to the project bin, and the format of all image clips is JPG.
While some of them dropped into the video track show their images in the small rectanglular space normally, a few of them, once dropped, becomes a thin, vertical bar. It of course doesn't appear in the rendered video.
I carefully tested by changing the size of the images but results are the same.
I don't believe there is any difference in image clips, for all images were originally photos taken by the same iphone or degital camera.
I wonder if this is a mystery or an easy problem to solve (I am a very new to Kdenlive).

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.
Miki
mikicaveman
Registered Member
I accidentally found a quick solution. Please excuse my posting.
In case someone having the same trouble, this can be easily fixed by left-clicking on the red bar which opens a small window to allow you to set the duration for the image clip.

Last edited by mikicaveman on Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
capslock
Registered Member
OS
If you share the solution here, more people will get a solution for the same problem. And you might want to edit your first post and mark the topic solved. Thanks! :-)