This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Attempting to render a video with rotations crashes render

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mattp12
Registered Member
OS
I am trying to render a video with a rotation, but the rendering crashes immediately.

I am using Windows 10 and the latest version of Kdenlive.

Error message:

[swscaler @ 000000000e0a7ec0] Warning: data is not aligned! This can lead to a speed loss[mp4 @ 0000000003693600] Using AVStream.codec to pass codec parameters to muxers is deprecated, use AVStream.codecpar instead. [mp4 @ 0000000003693600] Using AVStream.codec to pass codec parameters to muxers is deprecated, use AVStream.codecpar instead. Current Frame: 2, percentage: 0

I tried using webm, as well as a few other profiles to render the video, but each give this message. I would really prefer to not have to learn a different video editor to do something as simple as rotate the video. When I remove the rotation, it renders just fine.

Thanks.
Merlimau
Registered Member
I think there is a bug in MLT 6.08.0 with the AV format and the rotate. Either you wait on the upcoming Kdenlive 18.08 release (around next 2 weeks) with MLT 6.10.0 which should have the fix for that or you try to recode that clip to another video format and try to rotate again.
mattp12
Registered Member
OS
How exactly would I go about recoding the clip?
Merlimau
Registered Member
mattp12
Registered Member
OS
Merlimau wrote:Try with Kdenlive 18.08 from here: https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ ... 8.0-w64.7z.

I would, but that versions seems to be missing some key things that the last version had, such as being able to change the volume of certain clips. Until these issues are resolved, I will continue to use the version 18.04.1

Edit: I tried downloading and using 18.0.4.1 to change volume levels, but the options is not there. I will most likely attempt to do this on a different editor.

Edit 2: I am actually dumb. I had the "Video Effects" button clicked, so it only showed the effects that could apply to videos. I clicked "All Effects" and volume, as well as the other ones that weren't shown, appeared again.
Merlimau
Registered Member
It’s „Volume (keyframable)“. Right click on audio -> add effect -> Audio correction -> Volume (keyframable).

It’s in, even in version 18.08.0