This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cutting Parts out of a Video

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kde-svend
Registered Member

Cutting Parts out of a Video

Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:38 pm
Hello,

First of all, I want to apologize if my English isn't right, its not my natural language.
I just started video editing and have no Idee how to solve my problem with Kdenlive.

What I try to do:

I want to Built a digital picture frame with 3 screens. The screens are rotated by 15° each (see in the picture below)

for the connection of the screens I'm using the piwall software: http://www.piwall.co.uk/
But the Software can´t rotate the Video, so I have to do this manual for all Videos I want to play.
So what I have to do is cut out the 3 Elements of the Video, rotate it and place it in one corner:

So, I started to rotate the Video, that's easy. But now I have no idea how to Cut out the 4 rectangles and position it.
Then I should scale the video to a resolution of 3240x1920px (three Monitors with Full HD in Portrait).

Can someone give me a Hint how to solve this?

Thank you!
Merlimau
Registered Member

Re: Cutting Parts out of a Video

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:31 am
Try with a mask. Or make a PNG file where you cut out the 3 fields and make an alpha channel on that PNG that you can see trough. Import this PNG and put it on the timeline above your footage. Add the transition affine on the length you want.