This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Space bar not working to play/pause [Windows version]

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
pablow92
Registered Member
When I press the space bar, the play/pause button changes, but to actually play or pause I have to click somewhere on the timeline, to actually play it. To pause it, it works fine.

Is there any way to fix this? I also tried the Ubuntu version and this wasn't happening
Merlimau
Registered Member
Problem is known for all Kdenlive Windows versions. Root cause not found so far. Work around: hit space and the arrow key right.

If Kdenlive seems blocked as you descript hit CTR+Space. Now the play heat starts from beginning and you can click with the mouse into the timeline to play from there.

Or you change in the settings: Hit CTRL+SHIFT+, -> Environment -> Process treads -> 2 or higher. This solves the bug but this block other functions and the playback gets stuttered.
pablow92
Registered Member
Merlimau wrote:Problem is known for all Kdenlive Windows versions. Root cause not found so far. Work around: hit space and the arrow key right.

If Kdenlive seems blocked as you descript hit CTR+Space. Now the play heat starts from beginning and you can click with the mouse into the timeline to play from there.

Or you change in the settings: Hit CTRL+SHIFT+, -> Environment -> Process treads -> 2 or higher. This solves the bug but this block other functions and the playback gets stuttered.

ok thanks for the reply!

Ubuntu version works awesome. Hope it gets solved soon!
Merlimau
Registered Member
This issue is solved with the latest Windows version 18.08.2 (30.Oct 2018) or click on download to get it.