This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Importing Apple files

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hportway
Registered Member

Importing Apple files

Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:56 pm
Hi, I am a new boy on here so please forgive any stupidity. Several years ago we went to New Zealand and I took a fair bit of footage on DV camcorder. I had a MacBook Pro at the time and imported the tapes via iMovie. The screen on the MBP then packed up and the price Apple wanted for repairing it made it clear they wanted you to buy a new one. I was offered second hand iMac which happens to have Final Cut installed. All the files from the MBP were on an external drive so I started editing using FC. Unfortunately I was then taken ill and was unable to carry on with the project for some. I have decided to give up Apple and move to a Linux machine and Kdenlive. Can anybody tell me if I will be able to import and edit the files on the disk.
Thanks for any help
capslock
Registered Member
OS

Re: Importing Apple files  Topic is solved

Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:21 am
I did a lot of project with an external drive. If you can play the files after pluggins the disk in, you will be able to create a project on either on your local disk or on the external disk. Unformtunately you will not be able to import FCP files into kdenlive.
hportway
Registered Member

Re: Importing Apple files

Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:16 am
Thanks for that. It is as I suspected the FC files, if that is what is on the disc cannot be imported. Looks like back to square one and import from the original tapes.