This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive AppImage not working on Solus 3.9999

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
chriswere
Registered Member
I'm trying to run the AppImage of Kdenlive but it's returning the following error,
Code: Select all
Missing MLT module: avformat (FFmpeg)
required for audio/video

I have MLT and ffmpeg installed. I've checked out the troubleshooting guide and it verifies that MLT is installed in the /usr/bin directory. The Flatpak version of Kdenlive works but the latest two AppImages I've tried throw up the same error.
Merlimau
Registered Member
Do you have tried the newest AppImage one from here: https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ ... 4.AppImage

As I understood the AppImage is a container which contains all needed files (including MLT and FFMPEG). (just a guess) If you run the AppImage you have to de-install MLT and FFMPEG first otherwise the OS has a wrong link.
chriswere
Registered Member
I downloaded the AppImage off the downloads page https://kdenlive.org/en/download/, which turned out to be 18.08.0.

I've tried 18.18.1 but the problem remains the same. The AppImages run on other distros perfectly, do you think this might be a Solus issue?
Merlimau
Registered Member
I’m working under Windows 7 and 10 and run Lubuntu in a virtual box. So I guess: It could be. Do you have checked the download page? Under Solus I see: “Solus provides the latest stable version: sudo eopkg it kdenlive”. You have tried that?
chriswere
Registered Member
Ah, the good folks at Solus have informed me that I need to install the package jack-audio-connection-kit to get it working. I've tried that and can confirm that's solved the issue.
Merlimau
Registered Member
Glad to hear you could solve it. Please mark as solved.