This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] - Brightness Effect is not adjustable

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kosakkas
Registered Member
Hey everyone,

Newbie KDEnlive user here. I have added a speed effect and set it to 1600% playback, and a greyscale effect. Now I need to add a brightness effect to that clip, but as soon as I append it to the list, the clip goes black. It seems impossible for me to set the any bar. I am only allowed to change the Alpha factor, but that seems to be doing nothing. Start level, End level, and Level do nothing. I suspected perhaps there could be some limit to the number of filters per clip, so I removed the greyscale effect, and applied the brightness effect again, but that did not work either.

Please advise, what am I doing wrong?

Also, while we are at it, after starting kdenlive for the first time, I received a warning or rather a suggestion for installing some effects library. I did not take note of that library's suggestion at that time, since I did not consider it to be that great of a deal. Could that be the cause of my issue? Where could I find the name of that library from within the suite interface? It seems like it was a one time only pop up, because I tried to close the program and execute it again, but to no avail.

Last edited by kosakkas on Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merlimau
Registered Member
If you work on Linux try with the latest AppImage: https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ ... 4.AppImage
kosakkas
Registered Member
Hey, thanks for the share, it looks interesting; I am indeed on Linux.

However I managed to solve my problem by installing the "frei0r" package (with a zero).