This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDENlive seems broken for a very beginning user

Tags: question, beginning, help me, timeline question, beginning, help me, timeline question, beginning, help me, timeline
(comma "," separated)
PaulThePerson
Registered Member
After screwing around on KDENlive (windows) for a few minutes, adding text and some effects, I broke some settings that I didn't know how to revert. I deleted and reinstalled the application, however now there seem to be some problems with the timeline and clip monitor. The clip time selector thingy seems stuck in the far-left position, and attempting to move it just makes these checker-boarded gray rectangles. Additionally, the clip monitor plays the clips in the clip selector thing, not the thing on the timeline that I actually want to play. Help would be appreciated, Thanks!
Merlimau
Registered Member
see here: https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manual/Windows_Issues
following step:
- QT rendering crash
- Any critical bug

After you close Kdenlive: don't forget to run the batch file to kill the open processes.
PaulThePerson
Registered Member
I've been on a vacation so sorry for the slow reply.
Sorry, but this doesn't help me much. The problems that I am having are not listed in the common problems list. I have reinstalled kdenlive twice now and still have this problem. The only problems is that in the timeline, the position marker is stuck in a certain position and cannot be moved, and trying to drag it to the side makes these gray rectangles instead of actually moving the clip. Additionally, when clicking play on the Clip Monitor, instead of playing, it now shows just a frozen frame at the begining of the clip. Any help would be really appreciated.
Merlimau
Registered Member
This is the “Play/Pause Issue” (see link above). Once you click into the timeline and you press play and the right arrow key you have to wait. Sometimes very long until it starts to play. So try the possibilities mentioned in “Play/Pause Issue”.

Investigations are ongoing to solve this issue.
PaulThePerson
Registered Member
Thanks for the help: This got the clips running atleast. But in a blunder of epic proportions, I closed the project monitor and cannot find out how to reopen it! Thanks for being so patient with me.
Merlimau
Registered Member
Top menu -> view -> activate «Project Monitor”.

Manual: https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manual
PaulThePerson
Registered Member
OK I found out myself. Thanks for all the help! It was a weird fix.