This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] Missing a lot of Icons in New Kdenlive Versions

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
alsamman
Registered Member
Hello everyone,

I downloaded newer versions of Kdenlive (18.08.01/02 - was using 17.xx before) but now I have a lot of icons that look exactly the same.
For example, when I want to create a title, all of the alignment buttons look the same.
Likewise for the timeline. The button to make smaller/bigger tracks look identical.

I never had this problem before. Any ideas?

Thank you

Last edited by alsamman on Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merlimau
Registered Member
If you are on Linux and if the Icons are missing or just partly installed than the libxcb-keysyms1 is missing.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libxcb-keysyms1
alsamman
Registered Member
Merlimau wrote:If you are on Linux and if the Icons are missing or just partly installed than the libxcb-keysyms1 is missing.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libxcb-keysyms1

I tried that and it said that it is already installed and the newest version. Not all of the icons are missing. Just some of them like I showed you. On previous versions, I didn't have this problem.

EDIT: Fixed the problem. I deleted the config file and something to do with clicking Force Breeze Icon and changing the theme seems to cause this.
A.Bill
Registered Member
OS
Excellent news.
This is most likely the problem I have.
Would somebody please post the path to it?

THNX
Bill
Merlimau
Registered Member
A.Bill
Registered Member
OS
Thanks Merlimau.

As it turns out, my situ and solution was different.
I switched Look-n-Feel to Arc-dark. This is when the icons disappeared. Switching back to Breeze - icons are back.
After reading about these L-n-F issues/structure etc, I found, the there is no icon directory for Arc-dark in /usr/share/icons.
I guess, it may be possible to download/install/struggle ... I switched to Breeze-dark, almost the same so I consider it solved.
In hope, it helps someone.