This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

very slow rendering

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
osirism
Registered Member

very slow rendering

Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:46 am
Goodnight. Excuse my question, it is probably very simple or obvious to fix. I'm not an expert in making videos, but last year I used a previous version of kdenlive several times. Anyway I changed the version of kdenlive and now I do not know what steps should be followed to render, actually I'm rendering but a video of 2 hours and a half in MPEG-2 format takes about a day and does not go to half of the process so I abort the process or the application throws an error and closes, before(with the previous version) I did the same thing and in a video of about 3 hours it finished rendering in 5 hours maximum, what can I do or what am I doing wrong? In this version I see that they changed some options but I think I'm choosing it the same
Merlimau
Registered Member

Re: very slow rendering

Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:08 am
Which platform (Linux, Windows) do you run Kdenlive? Which Kdenlive version?
osirism
Registered Member

Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:47 am
Linux Ubuntu 18.04 and kdenlive version 4:17.12.3-0ubuntu1
Merlimau
Registered Member

Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:18 am
It could be some problems with the installation (Version of: FFMPEG, MLT). Can you try with the Kdenlive 18.08.2 AppImage?
osirism
Registered Member

Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:33 pm
:o could be. I'll try at this moment and when I finish rendering a project I tell you how it was. Thank you for your answer, I had not thought it was something of installation because I installed the application with Ubuntu software, but it makes sense because previously I had installed it by terminal and everything worked perfect. Thank you, I'll be back soon to tell how it went with that