This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

A Few Problems With Kdenlive on Windows 10

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
johnnydoe
Registered Member
Hello, I've been using Kdenlive for the past 3 years now, and I've loved it so far. however, in the past few days I've been having quite a lot of problems with the program.

I've done a clean install about three times now but the problems still won't go away. When I open it once, it opens, and you can edit videos just fine, but when I close it, it doesn't 'really' close, so after that, whenever I click to open it, it won't open. I have to do ctrl + shift + esc to open the Task Bar, and close dbus-daemon.exe, and kdenlive.exe, only then will it truly close and be open-able again.

Rendering doesn't seem to work correctly either anymore; whenever I click 'Render', it freezes for about 15 seconds, and then opens the rendering window. When I click 'Render to file' it freezes for 15 secs again, and when it actually starts 'rendering', it doesn't go beyond "Waiting...", I even left it on for one hour and it still wouldn't go beyond waiting. Terminating the render doesn't seem to correctly work either, I have to yet again open the Task Bar and close kdenlive_render, dbus-daemon, kdenlive.exe, and melt.exe. What's interesting to note is that, when I close one of the programs in the task bar, that's when it seems to actually start rendering. Really weird.

I'm getting really irritated here, it's been like this for the past few days and none of the information I found here seems to help. Hopefully you folks will be able to help me out.
Merlimau
Registered Member
Yes, when you end/close the program the Kdenlive process is still there. Developer working on this issue. Do the following after ending Kdenlive: ctrl + shift + esc right cklick on the process Kdenlive end choose “end process tree”. This will close all running Kdenlive processes.

By the way download the actual 18.08.02 7z again because the play/plause bug is solved in this version.

The rendering issue it’s a bit tricky. Does the project settings match the clip properties (i.e 1080p 50p)? Make sure all clips and pictures match the project settings.
johnnydoe
Registered Member
Merlimau wrote:By the way download the actual 18.08.02 7z again because the play/plause bug is solved in this version.

Already have this version.

Merlimau wrote:The rendering issue it’s a bit tricky. Does the project settings match the clip properties (i.e 1080p 50p)? Make sure all clips and pictures match the project settings.

I only looked at the framerate while editing, the clip is 1080p 24fps, so I made the project file 720p 24fps. I was gonna check if it would render if I set it to 1080p 24fps, but now it looks like kdenlive won't open for me at all.

Looks like I'm just gonna be forced to wait until an update comes, until then I'm uninstalling Kdenlive for like the 4th time this week.
Merlimau
Registered Member
You don’t have to uninstall Kdenlive (delete the folder). Yes, this is very important that the project meet the clip size. Change the clip size when you render:
- Click render (CTRL + ENTER).
- In tab “Render Project” click on “more options” (bottom left).
- On the new opened “window” click on “rescale”, click on the right end of the line on the icon “preserve aspect ratio”
- and put in your desired resolution in the right field (i.e. 720).
- click on the icon “Render to file” (on the left side)
Now you get the smaller video as defined in rescale.